will open this Summer
for the InStep Phyical Therapy and Running Centers/Badgerland Striders “I Can 26.2 It!” program
(LAST YEAR INFO)
By signing up today, spreading the word and sharing your child’s success stories, you help to ensure the success of our mission to encourage our area kids to stay motivated, active and healthy. This program is designed for ages 5-12 and is a combination of running on their own at home and group workouts and games together at different locations around the area.
Each child receives an official “I Can 26.2 It!” t-shirt (with a special design by one our past participants), a choice of at-home weekly mileage chart for beginners or one a little more advanced for our “experienced” runners looking to complete the 5K distance, and weekly motivational e-mails to keep kids focused and on track.
1. We will be having weekly “group outings” at different fun locations around the area (the zoo, Miller Park, Lakefront, trails, etc) where we’ll meet new friends, run and learn some lessons about healthy choices and healthy living. Held on Wednesdays beginning 6pm on August 1st.
2. While the kids are off participating in their group outing, parents will be encouraged to lace up their sneakers for some healthy walking/running. There’s no better way to motivate your child than by being a role-model!
3. Prizes for attendance at the group outings! OH…and they are good prizes!!
4. We will cap off the program by having your child participate in either a 1.2-mile or 5K run, which will finish through the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon chute, just before the first marathon runners come through on October 7th.
5. The 5K will be an event open to the public, so family and friends can join in, and the kids will be the guests of honor!
Shirt/mileage chart pick up will be at In-Step Running Centers:
- InStep Hales Corners:
- InStep Mequon:
- InStep Downtown:
- InStep Delafield:
For hours and locations/directions visit InStep online at www.runinstep.com or call
Hales Corners: 414-858-9306
OR for an additional $5.00 we will mail a packet to you.
This program would not be possible without the incredible donation of time and talents from the Badgerland Striders running club and In-Step Physical Therapy & Running Centers. And of course the individuals who agree that volunteering to help keep our youth active and healthy through running is a priorty.
We are here to help the kids of Greater Milwaukee lead happier, healthier lives through the sport of running and we hope to have the opportunity to work with your child soon!
Check out our 26.2 It Facebook page to see all the fun we had last season and to keep up to date with all the exciting things we have planned this year!