“I Can 26.2 It!” Program…and MORE!
Over the years we have continued to grow and improve this popular program and this year we aim to have over 150 kids involved. Please help spread the word and sign up TODAY, as we help our area kids stay motivated, active and healthier. This program is designed for ages 5-12 and is a combination of running on their own and group opportunities where they will have a blast!
Once again this year we will have a program designed for the beginner runner and more experienced runners!
1. We will be having weekly “group outings” at different fun locations around the area (Zoo, Miller Park, Lakefront, etc) where they can meet new friends and learn some life-lessons. Held on Wednesdays beginning 6pm on July 26th. See TENTATIVE schedule below
2. While the kids are off participating in their group outing, parents will be encouraged to lace up their sneakers for some health walking/running. Nothing like helping to motivate your child by being a role-model?!
3. Prizes for attendance at the group outings!
4. We will cap off the program by having your child participate in either a 1.2 mile or 5K, which will finish at the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon chute, just before the first marathon runners come through.
5. The 5K will be an event open to the public and the kids will be the guests of honor! Parents/Guardians, siblings, friends and anyone you know should be invited. Help us spread the word! All money donated to Girls on the Run of Southeastern Wisconsin.
Shirt/mileage chart pick up will be at In-Step Running Centers:
At Hales Corners Friday, July 14th to Sunday, July 16th F: 10-6 Sat: 10-4 Sun:12-4
At Buffalo Street Monday, July 17th to Wednesday, July 19th Mon: 10-1 Tue: 10-7 Wed 10-7
At Mequon Thursday, July 20th to Sunday, July 23 Thur: 10-7 Fri:10-5 Sat 10-4 Sun 12-4
At Delafield Monday, July 24to Wednesday, July 26 Mon:10-6 Tue: 10-7 Wed: 10-6
Hales Corners: 414-858-9306
OR for an additional $5.00 we will mail a packet to you.
This program would not be possible without the incredible donation of time and talents from: The Badgerland Striders Running Club, Girls on the Run of Greater Milwaukee, In-Step Running and Physical Therapy Centers and of course the individuals who agree that volunteering to help keep our youth active and healthy through running is a priorty.
We are here to help the kids of Greater Milwaukee lead happier, healthier lives through the sport of running and we hope to have the opportunity to work with your child soon!
Check out our Facebook page to see photos, videos and more from past programs.
(click to make larger)